I took a moment to PEN this down.

After listening to Nifa’s improv podcast episode I texted her and asked if she would like to have a little interview session with me and she agreed, she’s a delightful and beautiful soul and if she was a literal pen I would never lose her and I promise you I lose all my pens.
Jennifer Sanni, or as you know her as, Nifa the Pen is an On Air Personality who owns the podcast Vibes and Nifa, her podcast is less than a year old and has grown beyond her expectations. I had the pleasure of knowing Nifa a little bit better to understand the story behind her growth. 
What was your childhood like?
We moved alot, I attended over 13 schools. I currently reside in Abuja, that’s where I school now but, I spent the first 9 years of my life in Lagos and I attended like 3 schools in Lagos because we constantly changed locations, when we moved to Abuja we still changed locations alot, it was because of my dad’s job but, I didn’t really have friends, I had my siblings but I was the first child so I think there was still a level of displeasure.

Do you think the pandemic affected you in anyway?
Kind of, it was during the pandemic the idea of starting a podcast came but I was constantly procrastinating, it’s funny cause I had my cover art ready, I literally had everything I needed, I was even posting that people should anticipate but I still didn’t start.

What do you think finally prompted you to start?
My friends had a part to play because they constantly asked about it but, an incident occurred that I think really made me do it. 
I have this friend, his name is Victor and he wanted to start his podcast with me and one other girl and we planned for like months but, I used to give excuses because I was at home with my mom and siblings and I knew there would be noise. One day we finally got down to it, I had asked my siblings to keep their voices low and when we were on air my mom started talking and my siblings were trying to tell her to reduce her voice but you know Nigerian mothers she was asking questions and it got weird so I had to end it and I was really sad like really sad and it was weird cause I didn’t even want to do it before so why was I sad? So that day I was just like since I can’t join him I’ll just do mine and it's actually funny because that same day I recorded my Trailer and uploaded it.

You’ve recorded a number of episodes, which one would you say is your favourite?
Vibes & body insecurities, I cried after that episode because I related to it on a very personal level and I talked about how I was body-shamed but when I was editing I removed it cause I was just crying anyhow and I’m a hard guy, I still delete pictures from the Internet because I still have insecurities.
You podcast has appeared on a number of charts and playlists, did you ever think that your podcast would do this well? 
I actually didn't think it would do this well cause the podcast was basically because I liked talking to myself and I just wanted to talk, I wasn't really expecting anything from it but, it has grown a lot and I'm really grateful and happy about it. 

So, some of your tweets have blown up on twitter how did you deal with the attention?
Omo, the first time it happened was last year, it didn't really mean anything until this year, when Davido posted my tweet on his Instagram story and I was getting calls and texts and I was terrified, the thing is I had posted a picture the day before that, that I forgot to delete so with all the calls I was panicking, I didn’t even bother checking the texts or anything I just went to delete the picture so when I started checking messages I was annoyed because they had made me worry it was after some hours I actually realized “Oh, Davido reposted my tweet “everytime it happens I panic because I don’t even have alot of friends so the notifications make me worried...So I honestly don’t think I deal with the attention cause I don’t even like it, people see me in school and will be “Omg, you’re Nifa “ and its honestly weird cause I’m just vibing and I don’t think I want attention.
Before we end this, do you have anything you would like to say to your loyal fans and people out there?
First of all, I'm a very shy emotional person and I'm not a hard guy at all, I can't shake my ass on a yacht, my mommy will beat me. I also want them to know no matter what you do, if you put your heart into it you can achieve it, nothing dey this life at the same time this life has much to offer. Just do you i guess because that's what I'm doing, just vibes...and Nifa of course.
                    


                    Words by Ojuromi Rachel.

If you like this why don't you share? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shouldn't her bio describe her?

Korty through my eyes.

Depression